Are you tired of straining your neck every time you reverse your car? Look no further! Welcome to our comprehensive rear view cameras buying guide. Whether you’re a seasoned driver or a newbie behind the wheel, rear view cameras are a must-have accessory for your vehicle. In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about these handy devices, from their benefits to the different types available in the market. Say goodbye to blind spots and hello to stress-free parking with our expert recommendations and top picks. Let’s dive in!
? Our Top 5
- 【Plug and Play】The backup camera and monitor are connected directly via a 4-pin cable with a power cord connector. When the vehicle is in reverse gear, it is powered by the reverse light or can be directly connected to the 12V fuse box or cigarette lighter/power point/ignition switch for continuous use.
- 【Stable Signal Transmission】Provides HD 1080P image, stable signal, and system is not affected by interference. Compared to wireless backup cameras, wired backup camera for truck have better signal.
- 【IP69 Waterproof & High-Temperature Resistant】The back up camera systems for truck adopts the latest sealing technology, has IP69 waterproof function, no need to worry about water or fog into the lens. It can also withstand the extreme temperature of -22°F to 176°F, ensuring normal operation in both heat and cold and making driving more convenient and safe.
- 【DIY Parking Grid Lines and Image Flip 】You can adjust the car backup camera parking line's width, moving Left/Right/Up/Down to make it fits for the real condition. You can also turn it off if you do not want it. The image can be flipped between mirror (rear view) and facing (front view). You can use the camera as rear backup camera or front camera optional.
- 【Easy to Setting】Vehicle backup cameras come with an HD 4.3 Inch LCD monitor equipped with a magnetic bracket. You can rotate it 360 degrees and mount the monitor on the dash or windshield, as well as adjust brightness, contrast, and color.
- 【Continuous Upgraded 1080P AHD Backup Camera】After launching three car backup cameras, PixelMan further upgrade and launch the new reversing camera PMD2A-S. This car camera use the latest chip special for reversing camera made in Japan, this chip not only has excellent image output, but also has stunning performance under strong light and dark light. Strict in details and only make the best products is what PixelMan pursues. It is also essential to you, isn't it?
- 【Support HD and AHD switching】This upgraded back up camera even supports HD and AHD switching. Each optimization improves the definition, signal stability, waterproof performance, durability, installation, etc. Our vehicle backup camera can be switched to AHD signal output to achieve 1080P display (Under the premise that the screen supports AHD signal).
- 【1/2.7in AHD 1080P Large Chip Adopted in This Reverse Cam】The chip size determines the amount of reversing camera output pixels, compared with 1/4in chip used in ordinary backup cam, the most apparent feature is the enhanced brightness and color saturation besides of the sufficient clarity. The colors become more vivid and true, the increased brightness makes the images more clearly, meanwhile, the night vision effect also be enhanced, you can back the car easily without extra light at night.
- 【170° Wide Angle Optical Glass HD Lens】The lens is the core component of the reverse camera for car. The HD lens used in PMD2A-S wide angle backup camera is very different from ordinary lens in appearance, it has a larger aperture and a stronger sense of technology. High transmittance glass, fish eye appearance, F1.4 aperture, all these features directly determine the wide angle, maximum output pixels and night vision performance of the license plate camera.
- 【Back Up The Car Easily】Whether it is day or night, you can see almost everything behind the car when reversing, PixelMan camera for car reverse will let your driving easier and safer. Isn’t it what you need?
- UPGRADED STUNNING 4K UHD - With the front cam's resolution upgrading to 2160p from 1296p as of December 1, 2022, this G840S rear view mirror camera can record you 4K front images and 1080p rear images. The full rear display is 1.5 times larger than an ordinary rearview mirror, which has significantly reduced rearview blind spots.
- 12'' LARGER SCREEN & BROAD VIEW - Upgraded from most rearview mirror cameras, WOLFBOX 170° front, and 140° rear lens provide an ultra-wide view, minimizing the blind spots for safe driving/reversing. With the smart screen split function, you can observe a dual-lens display simultaneously. With a 2.5D curved screen, the body is more smooth and more suitable for the curvature of the human retina. Its OEM looking makes the mirror camera perfectly integrate with the existing mirror.
- CLEAR IMAGE & ENHANCED NIGHT VISION - With a built-in high-quality chip, the WOLFBOX mirror camera records 4K front and 1080P rear videos. The mirror dash camera applied an upgraded low-reflectivity LCD to reduce reflection during the day. With incorporated WDR&HDR tech balancing the lights, and the help of a starvis sensor and 6-glass lens to capture higher quality images, driving at night or in any challenging lighting situations should be more effortless.
- GPS TRACKING ALL THE TIME - With the external GPS antenna plugged in, you can view the GPS info on display while on the wheel. Playback recorded videos on GPS Player, not only can you check the double channel videos on one screen, but also accurately trace back all the GPS metrics.
- 24H PRECISE PARKING MONITOR - Aside from loop recording for safe driving, your car will still be in safe hands after being parked. The time-lapse mode is there to monitor at very low fps which saves power and capacity while having everything recorded.
- How many times have you been backing out of your driveway or a parking spot only to have a little kid dart behind your automobile, seemingly out of nowhere? The camera is a perfect solution, you will have eyes in the back of your head
- Easy to install: 2 Installation options,you could choose bracket mounting or flush mounting as per your case.Note: This is one camera with 2 installation method, not 2 cameras.
- Rear/Front Switchable: Optional Customized Distance Scale Lines & Mirror/Normal Image Switchable - You Can Use it as Rear View Backup Camera or Front/Side Camera Note: By default this is a reverse camera (mirror image) with distance scale line
- 170 Degree Wide View Angle to help you see blind area where your eyes can't reach.Work with your head units or aftermarket LCD/TFT displays with standard RCA input only,Suitable for variety of vehicles: car, mini-truck, mini-van etc,12V working Voltage ONLY,Support NTSC only
- Reliable and friendly customer service,2 Year Warranty,Ready to respond within a 24 hour time frame,30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- 【Ultra HD Screen & Accurate Color】The backup camera is designed to eliminate blind spots and avoid obstacles when reversing. 680P Ultra HD picture shows a clear image for the driver. No more annoying blurry discoloration screen and picture, and displays the most ideal road condition.
- 【12 LED & Superior Night Version】12 LED super bright lights illuminates the images when daylight is low, and greatly enhances night vision with sharp images. The sensor will turn on the light automatically when you activate the reverse gear, which gives you the best view for parking.
- 【IP68 Waterproof & 140° View Adjustable Angle】The camera will be protected from powerful jets of water from any direction, such as rain and a car wash. Works well in extreme weather. Adjustable vertical 140° perfect viewing angle, which allows you to adjust the camera to a position that’s best for you, effectively reducing the accident rate.
- 【2 in1 Installation & Tools Included】Camera can be installed on license plate frame, or mounted on back, front, and side based on your preference. The camera or its mounting bracket will not take a lot of space on your license plate. Suitable for most 12V-24V vehicles, such as Jeeps, SUV, RV, VAN, etc.
- 【Best Customer Service】INCLAKE backup camera is guaranteed to provide a safe road trip.Feel free to contact us if you have any issues with the item.
? How to choose?
1. Resolution and Image Quality
When choosing a rear view camera, one of the most important factors to consider is the resolution and image quality. A higher resolution camera will provide a clearer and more detailed image, allowing you to see obstacles and objects more clearly. Look for cameras with a resolution of at least 1080p for optimal image quality.
2. Field of View
The field of view of a rear view camera determines how much of the area behind your vehicle it can capture. A wider field of view is preferable as it allows you to see a larger area, reducing blind spots and improving safety. Look for cameras with a field of view of 120 degrees or more for a comprehensive view of your surroundings.
3. Night Vision Capabilities
Driving at night can be challenging, and having a rear view camera with night vision capabilities can greatly enhance your visibility. Look for cameras that include infrared LEDs or other night vision technology to ensure that you can see clearly even in low-light conditions.
4. Installation and Compatibility
Consider the installation process and compatibility of the rear view camera with your vehicle. Some cameras are designed to be easily installed by the user, while others may require professional installation. Additionally, ensure that the camera is compatible with your vehicle’s existing display or infotainment system.
5. Additional Features
Lastly, consider any additional features that may enhance your overall experience with the rear view camera. Some cameras offer features such as parking guidelines, which can assist you in parking and maneuvering your vehicle. Others may have built-in audio capabilities or the ability to connect to your smartphone for added convenience. Evaluate these features and determine which ones are important to you.
By considering these factors, you can choose a rear view camera that meets your specific needs and preferences. Remember to prioritize resolution and image quality, field of view, night vision capabilities, installation and compatibility, as well as any additional features that may enhance your overall experience.
? What to Look for in a rear view cameras?
1. Resolution and Image Quality
When it comes to rear view cameras, one of the most important factors to consider is the resolution and image quality. A higher resolution camera will provide a clearer and more detailed image, making it easier to see objects and obstructions behind your vehicle. Look for cameras with at least 720p resolution, but if you want the best image quality, opt for a camera with 1080p or even 4K resolution.
2. Field of View
The field of view of a rear view camera determines how much of the area behind your vehicle it can capture. A wider field of view means a larger viewing angle, allowing you to see more of what’s happening behind you. This is particularly important when parking or reversing in tight spaces. Look for cameras with a field of view of at least 120 degrees, but if you want maximum coverage, consider a camera with a 180-degree field of view.
3. Night Vision
Night vision is an essential feature to have in a rear view camera, especially if you often drive during the evening or at night. It uses infrared technology to capture clear images even in low light conditions. Look for cameras with built-in infrared LEDs that provide excellent night vision capabilities. This will ensure that you can still see what’s behind you, even in complete darkness.
4. Additional Features
In addition to the basic functionalities, many rear view cameras come with extra features that can enhance your driving experience and improve safety. Some popular additional features include parking guidelines, which help you accurately judge distances while parking, and motion detection, which alerts you if there is movement behind your vehicle. Consider your specific needs and preferences when looking for a rear view camera and choose one that offers the features that are most important to you.
Remember, when choosing a rear view camera, it’s important to prioritize the features that are most important to you. Whether it’s resolution, field of view, night vision, or additional features, make sure to do your research and read customer reviews to find a camera that meets your needs. By investing in a high-quality rear view camera, you can enhance your driving safety and peace of mind.
? How we picked?
1. Evaluating Image Quality
When it comes to rear view cameras, the most crucial aspect to consider is image quality. After all, the main purpose of installing a rear view camera is to enhance safety by providing a clear view of the surroundings. To ensure our picks offered the best image quality, we carefully evaluated various factors.
One of the key aspects we considered was resolution. A higher resolution ensures a sharper and more detailed image, making it easier to identify objects and obstacles. We made sure to prioritize cameras with at least 720p resolution, as this provides a good balance between clarity and affordability.
Another important factor we assessed was low-light performance. It’s crucial for a rear view camera to perform well in low-light conditions, such as at night or in dimly lit parking lots. We looked for cameras with features like night vision or infrared LEDs, which enhance visibility in dark environments.
2. Assessing Installation Options
Installing a rear view camera can be a daunting task for some, so we wanted to ensure our picks offered easy installation options. We considered both wired and wireless cameras and evaluated their pros and cons.
Wired cameras provide a more stable and reliable connection, as they are directly connected to the display unit. However, the installation process can be more complex and time-consuming. On the other hand, wireless cameras offer a simpler installation process, without the need for running wires. However, they may suffer from interference and signal loss.
We made sure to include a mix of both wired and wireless options in our selection, catering to different preferences and installation capabilities.
3. Considering Additional Features
While image quality and installation options were our primary focus, we also considered additional features that enhance the overall user experience. These features can provide added convenience, safety, and functionality.
For example, some rear view cameras offer parking guidelines, which assist drivers in maneuvering their vehicles in tight spaces. Others come with built-in microphones, allowing for two-way communication between the driver and passengers. We also looked for cameras with wide viewing angles to provide a broader perspective of the surroundings.
By carefully considering these additional features, we aimed to provide our readers with a comprehensive selection of rear view cameras that not only offer high image quality and easy installation but also come with useful extras to enhance their driving experience.
In conclusion, our selection of rear view cameras was based on rigorous evaluations of image quality, installation options, and additional features. We wanted to ensure that our readers have access to the best cameras that offer clear images, easy installation, and additional functionalities to enhance their driving safety and convenience.
? Frequently asked questions about rear view cameras
1. What are rear view cameras and why do I need one?
Rear view cameras, also known as backup cameras, are devices that provide a clear view of the area behind your vehicle when you are in reverse. They consist of a camera mounted at the rear of the vehicle and a display screen positioned on the dashboard or rearview mirror.
Having a rear view camera installed in your vehicle is crucial for enhancing safety and preventing accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, approximately 300 people are killed and 18,000 injured in backover accidents every year in the United States alone. A rear view camera can significantly reduce the risk of such accidents by providing a wide-angle view of blind spots and obstacles that may not be visible through the rearview mirror.
2. What should I consider when buying a rear view camera?
When purchasing a rear view camera, there are a few key factors to consider:
– **Resolution:** Look for a camera with a high resolution to ensure clear and detailed images. A higher resolution will allow you to see small objects or pedestrians more easily.
– **Field of View:** A wider field of view will give you a better perspective of the surroundings, reducing the chances of missing any potential hazards.
– **Night Vision:** Opt for a camera with night vision capabilities to ensure visibility in low light conditions or at night.
– **Waterproof Rating:** Since the camera will be exposed to the elements, it’s important to choose one with a high waterproof rating to ensure durability.
– **Installation:** Consider whether you want a wireless or wired camera. Wireless options may be easier to install, but wired cameras often provide a more stable connection.
3. How can I install a rear view camera in my vehicle?
Installing a rear view camera can vary depending on the make and model of your vehicle. Some cameras require professional installation, while others can be installed by the vehicle owner. It is recommended to consult the camera’s user manual or seek professional help to ensure proper installation. If you’re a DIY enthusiast, there are numerous online tutorials and videos that provide step-by-step instructions for installing rear view cameras in different vehicles.
4. Are there any legal requirements for using a rear view camera?
In many countries, the use of rear view cameras is not legally required. However, there are regulations regarding their use in certain vehicles, such as larger trucks or commercial vehicles. It is important to familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations in your specific region or country to ensure compliance.
5. Can I use a rear view camera as a front-facing camera?
While rear view cameras are primarily designed for use when reversing, some models can be used as front-facing cameras as well. However, it is important to note that the field of view and image quality may not be optimized for front-facing use. It is recommended to consult the camera’s user manual or contact the manufacturer to determine if the camera is suitable for front-facing installation.
Last update on 2023-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API