Welcome to our comprehensive laser printers buying guide! If you’re in the market for a new printer, you’ve come to the right place. Laser printers are a popular choice for both home and office use, offering fast and high-quality printing. In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about laser printers, from their key features and benefits to the top brands and models available. Whether you’re a student, a small business owner, or a professional in need of reliable printing, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive in and find the perfect laser printer for your needs!
? Our Top 5
- BEST FOR SMALL BUSINESSES – Engineered for extraordinary productivity, the Brother DCP-L2640DW Monochrome (Black & White) 3-in-1 combines laser printer, scanner, copier in one compact footprint and delivers high-quality black & white prints
- FAST PRINTER WITH EFFICIENT SCANNING – Produces documents quickly with print speeds up to 36 ppm(2) and scan speeds up to 23.6/7.9 ipm(3) (black/color). A 50-page auto document feeder(4) allows for convenient, time saving multi-page scanning and copying
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTION OPTIONS – Easily navigate the changing demands of your business with secure multi-device connectivity via built-in dual-band wireless (2.4GHz / 5GHz) and Ethernet. Or connect locally to a single computer via USB interface
- BROTHER MOBILE CONNECT APP – Print, scan, and manage your wireless printer anytime, from almost anywhere from your mobile device. Order Brother Genuine Supplies, track toner usage, and complete more work on-the-go(5)
- CHOOSE BROTHER GENUINE TONER – When it’s time to replace your toner, be sure to choose Brother Genuine TN830 or TN830XL replacement toner. And with Refresh EZ Print Subscription Service, you’ll never worry about running out of toner again and you’ll enjoy savings of up to 50%(6) on Brother Genuine Toner. Get started with Refresh today with a Free Trial(1)
- Print more, wait less. Engineered for increased efficiency with class leading print speeds of up to 32 pages per minute
- Dynamic features accommodate your evolving needs. The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency with less refills and handles letter or legal sized paper
- Flexible printing. The manual feed slot offers flexible paper handling for a variety of papers and sizes, such as card stock, envelopes, etc. to help you create professional looking documents
- Printing as mobile as you are. Print wirelessly from your desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet
- Connect your way. Versatile connection options with built-in wireless or connect locally to a single computer via its USB interface
- BEST FOR HOMES & HOME OFFICES – Engineered for consistent, premium print quality, the Brother HL-L2405W Monochrome (Black & White) Laser Printer delivers sharp, crisp prints at an affordable price. Prints one-sided documents at speeds up to 30ppm(2)
- COMPACT, CONNECTED PRINTER – Flexible connection options make this an ideal printer for home use and at-home offices. Securely connect to multiple devices with built-in dual-band wireless (2.4GHz/5GHz) or locally to a single computer via USB interface
- BROTHER MOBILE CONNECT APP – Manage your printer remotely and print from your mobile device anytime, from almost anywhere. Order Brother Genuine Supplies, track toner usage, and complete more work on-the-go(3)
- VERSATILE PAPER HANDLING – Enjoy seamless, reliable everyday printing with the 250-sheet paper tray(4) and a manual feed slot that enables printing on envelopes and specialty pape
- BROTHER IS AT YOUR SIDE – Backed by Brother with a 1-year limited warranty and free online, call, or live chat support for the life of your printer
- Big multifunction performance with high-quality color: This wireless all-in-one printer features print, copy, scan, and fax versatility, fast print speeds––up to 22 ppm, automatic two-sided printing, and a 50-page automatic document feeder.Color Screen: yes
- Print remotely with the HP Smart app: Set up your LaserJet printer, manage print jobs, receive notifications, and print and scan on the go with HP Smart––HP's best-in-class mobile print app
- Save time with customizable shortcuts: Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and organize documents 50% faster directly from your mobile device using exclusive office features in the HP Smart app
- Strong security: Help protect your HP office printer and sensitive business data with built-in security essentials that help detect and stop attacks
- Wireless connectivity you can count on: Have confidence in your printer's connection with steady performance from dual band Wi-Fi
- Smartly and elegantly designed for efficient performance, so it's simple and intuitive to use. Help put plastic back into printers with prepaid recycling service included.
- Get high-quality scanning, and share to Dropbox, Google Drive or Cloud, from your phone with HP Smart app. Count on professional quality laser printing and seamless setup.
- Eliminate steps in repetitive tasks with Shortcuts. Scan to the Cloud, email, and more in just a tap or take a photo as a copy, and send it to your printer from your smartphone.
- Never run out of toner for your laser printer. Convenient toner replacements and smart delivery included.
- Never run out of ink. Connect your printer to Alexa and receive notifications when you're running low. Alexa can even place a smart reorder from Amazon on your behalf. Use Alexa to print things like shopping lists and crosswords all with your voice.
? How to choose?
1. Print Speed: Get the Job Done in No Time
When choosing a laser printer, one of the most important factors to consider is the print speed. This refers to the number of pages a printer can produce per minute (ppm). If you are running a busy office or need to print large volumes of documents, a high print speed is essential to maintain productivity. Look for laser printers with a print speed of at least 20 ppm for black and white printing, and around 15 ppm for color printing.
2. Print Quality: Crisp and Clear Output
Print quality is another crucial aspect to consider when selecting a laser printer. Laser printers are known for their exceptional print quality, particularly when it comes to text and graphics. Look for a printer with a high resolution, typically measured in dots per inch (dpi). A resolution of 1200 dpi or higher will ensure sharp and detailed prints. Additionally, consider the type of media the printer can handle, such as different paper sizes or envelopes, to meet your specific printing needs.
3. Connectivity Options: Stay Connected and Efficient
In today’s digital world, connectivity options are a must-have feature in any laser printer. Choose a printer that offers multiple connectivity options such as USB, Ethernet, and wireless connectivity. This will allow you to connect and print from various devices, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets. Wireless connectivity is especially convenient as it eliminates the need for cables and allows for easy printing from anywhere within the office or home.
4. Paper Handling: Versatility and Efficiency
Consider the paper handling capabilities of the laser printer to ensure it meets your specific requirements. Look for features such as automatic duplex printing (printing on both sides of the paper), multiple paper trays, and high paper capacity. These features not only enhance efficiency but also allow for greater versatility in printing different types of documents. For example, automatic duplex printing can save paper and reduce costs, while multiple paper trays enable you to switch between different paper sizes without manual intervention.
5. Total Cost of Ownership: Consider Long-Term Expenses
When purchasing a laser printer, it is important to consider the total cost of ownership. This includes not only the initial purchase price but also the cost of consumables such as toner cartridges and maintenance. Look for printers that offer cost-effective consumables and have a reputation for reliability and durability. Additionally, consider the printer’s energy efficiency and eco-friendly features, as this can contribute to long-term cost savings and reduce your environmental impact.
By considering these key factors – print speed, print quality, connectivity options, paper handling, and total cost of ownership – you can make an informed decision when choosing a laser printer that best suits your needs. Remember, investing in a high-quality laser printer can significantly impact your productivity and overall printing experience.
? What to Look for in a laser printers?
1. Print Speed and Quality
When looking for a laser printer, one of the most important factors to consider is the print speed and quality. The print speed determines how quickly the printer can produce documents, while the print quality determines the clarity and sharpness of the printed text and images.
The print speed is measured in pages per minute (PPM), and it is crucial to choose a printer that can meet your printing needs. If you have a small home office and only need to print a few pages per day, a printer with a lower PPM may be sufficient. However, if you have a busy office with high printing demands, you should opt for a printer with a higher PPM to ensure efficient workflow.
In addition to the print speed, the print quality is equally important. Look for a laser printer that can produce high-resolution prints with crisp text and vibrant colors. This is especially crucial if you frequently print important documents or marketing materials. Consider the printer’s resolution, measured in dots per inch (DPI), to ensure that it can deliver the level of quality you require.
2. Connectivity Options
Another crucial aspect to consider when purchasing a laser printer is the connectivity options it offers. In today’s digital age, it is essential to have a printer that can seamlessly connect to various devices and networks.
Most laser printers come with USB connectivity, allowing you to connect directly to your computer or laptop. However, it is also beneficial to have wireless connectivity options such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. This enables you to print wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or other mobile devices, providing convenience and flexibility.
Furthermore, if you have multiple devices or a network of computers in your office, consider a laser printer with Ethernet connectivity. This allows you to connect the printer to your network, making it accessible to all devices connected to the network.
3. Cost of Consumables
When purchasing a laser printer, it is crucial to consider the cost of consumables, such as toner cartridges and maintenance kits. Laser printers use toner cartridges instead of ink cartridges, which are more expensive but offer higher page yields.
Before making a decision, research the cost of replacement toner cartridges for the printer model you are considering. Some printers have more affordable aftermarket toner options, which can significantly reduce your printing costs in the long run. Additionally, check if the printer requires regular maintenance, and if so, inquire about the cost of maintenance kits.
By considering these factors – print speed and quality, connectivity options, and cost of consumables – you can make an informed decision when purchasing a laser printer that best suits your needs. Remember to compare different models, read customer reviews, and seek expert advice to ensure you choose a reliable and efficient printer for your home or office.
? How we picked?
1. Printer type: Laser vs. inkjet
When it comes to choosing a printer, one of the first decisions you need to make is whether to go for a laser or an inkjet printer. While both have their own advantages, laser printers are often preferred for their speed, efficiency, and high-quality output. Laser printers use a laser beam to create static electricity, which attracts toner to the paper and produces sharp, crisp text and images.
In contrast, inkjet printers use tiny droplets of ink sprayed onto the paper, resulting in vibrant color prints but often at a slower pace. Laser printers are ideal for those who need to print large volumes of text documents quickly and consistently, such as in an office or business setting. On the other hand, inkjet printers are more suitable for those who prioritize photo printing or require a versatile printer for occasional use.
2. Printing speed and volume
When considering a laser printer, it’s important to assess your printing needs in terms of speed and volume. Laser printers are known for their fast printing speeds, measured in pages per minute (ppm). If you have a high-volume printing requirement, look for a laser printer with a higher ppm rating to ensure efficient and timely printing. For example, a laser printer with a ppm of 30 or above would be suitable for a busy office environment.
Additionally, consider the duty cycle of the printer, which represents the maximum number of pages the printer can handle in a month. If you consistently print large volumes, choose a laser printer with a high duty cycle to ensure durability and longevity.
3. Connectivity options and additional features
In today’s digital age, connectivity plays a crucial role in printer functionality. Look for a laser printer that offers versatile connectivity options, such as wireless, USB, Ethernet, or cloud printing. This allows you to print from various devices, such as laptops, smartphones, or tablets, without the need for physical connections.
Furthermore, consider additional features that could enhance your printing experience. For example, some laser printers offer automatic duplex printing, which allows you to print on both sides of the paper, saving time and resources. Others may have a built-in scanner, copier, or fax machine, providing all-in-one functionality. Assess these features based on your specific needs and choose a printer that offers the most value for your money.
By considering the printer type, printing speed and volume, and connectivity options and additional features, you can confidently choose a laser printer that meets your requirements. Remember to read reviews and compare prices to ensure you’re getting the best deal. Happy printing!
? Frequently asked questions about laser printers
1. How does a laser printer work?
A laser printer uses laser technology to produce high-quality prints. The process begins with a laser beam scanning across a photosensitive drum, creating an electrostatic image. Toner, a fine powder, is then attracted to the charged areas on the drum. The toner is transferred onto the paper and fused onto it using heat and pressure. This results in sharp, smudge-resistant prints.
2. What are the advantages of using a laser printer?
Laser printers offer numerous advantages over other types of printers. One key advantage is their speed. Laser printers can print pages at a much faster rate than inkjet printers, making them ideal for busy offices or individuals with high-volume printing needs. Laser printers also produce crisp, professional-looking prints, making them suitable for documents such as reports, presentations, and marketing materials.
3. Are laser printers expensive to maintain?
While laser printers might have a higher upfront cost compared to inkjet printers, their long-term maintenance costs are generally lower. Laser printers use toner cartridges, which have a higher page yield than ink cartridges, meaning they need to be replaced less frequently. Additionally, laser printers are known for their reliability and durability, requiring fewer repairs and replacements over time.
4. Can laser printers print in color?
Yes, laser printers can print in color. Color laser printers use a combination of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black toner cartridges to produce vibrant and accurate colors. However, it’s important to note that color laser printers are typically more expensive than their monochrome counterparts. If you primarily print black and white documents, a monochrome laser printer may be a more cost-effective option.
5. How do I choose the right laser printer for my needs?
When selecting a laser printer, consider factors such as print speed, print quality, connectivity options, and paper handling capabilities. Determine whether you need a printer for personal or business use, and assess your printing volume requirements. Reading customer reviews and seeking recommendations from trusted sources can also help you make an informed decision.
Remember, when purchasing a laser printer, it’s essential to choose a reliable brand that offers good customer support. With the right laser printer, you can achieve professional-quality prints quickly and efficiently, enhancing your productivity and meeting your printing needs.
Last update on 2024-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API