Welcome to our comprehensive gas chainsaws buying guide, where we aim to help you make an informed decision when purchasing this essential outdoor power tool. Whether you’re a professional lumberjack or a homeowner looking to tackle some heavy-duty yard work, a gas chainsaw can be a game-changer. In this guide, we’ll explore the key factors to consider, such as power, weight, and durability, to ensure you find the perfect chainsaw for your needs. So, let’s dive in and uncover the best gas chainsaws on the market, providing you with the confidence to take on any cutting task with ease.
? Our Top 5
- [Safe and Reliable]:GTHAN Gas Chainsaw is designed with dual throttle switches, which need to be pressed at the same time to start, which can effectively prevent accidental starting. The high-quality brake baffle can make emergency braking, which can effectively protect your hands and ensure your safety during use.
- [High Powerful Engine]: Gas chainsaw is equiped with the latest 2-stroke cycle engine, which is high efficiency, high power, reliable work, and long life.The average specific fuel consumption of the engine is lower than that of the original engine by about 20%.The chainsaws Suitable conquer tree felling, wood cutting for lumberman’s in the forest or other use.
- [Automatic lubricating System]:GTHAN 20" Gasoline Powered Chain Saw Equipped with an automatic filter system,to prevent the dust from entering into the engine,reduced fuel consumption. Automatic lubricating system, reduces the friction between the quiding board and the chain, prolongs using life.(Note :some oil will residue on chains and back flow on the bottom of clutch then drip oil. This is a common phenomenon for all kinds of chainsaws, not defective).
- [Easy to Install and Use]This Chainsaw is easy to install in minutes. Spring-assist pull cord combined with easy-to-use knob ensures fast, this simple start system make pull starts easier to rev up and get right to cutting. Notice to avoid "NOT START ISSUE": 1. Using the recommended oil ratio: Gasoline 25: Two-Cycle Oil 1. 2. Make sure that you pull the switch up at first. 3. Pull the choke knob before it start, please check the operation introduction in the product manual
- [Warmly Service]: GTHAN Gas Chainsaw has the advantages of high power, high efficiency, small size and light weight.You could contact us to solve your problems,like Technical Support,Missing parts,Damaged Parts,Parts wear and tear and so on.If there is something problems with accessories ,we will sent you a new parts.
- High Performance: WEMARS 52cc 18 inch powerful gas chainsaw with guide bar and chain for cutting wood that need a longer bars. 2 stroke motors with integrated chain brake for safety and stable while operating. Low kickback safety function and excellent electronic ignition system can reduce the risk during operation
- Tension Adjustment: Automatic chain lubricator adjustable chain oil feed and quick and easy chain tension adjustment. The rugged 18 inch steel chain saw knob-type automatic tightening function is a side-adjustable chain that is easy to operate and maintain while delivering the highest cutting performance
- Reasonable Design: The combination of ergonomic front and back anti-vibration handles, cushioned wrap handles and balanced design make the gasoline chain saw easy to use and comfortable to operate. Chainsaws suitable conquer tree felling, wood cutting for lumberjacks in the forest or other use
- System Functions: WEMARS 18" bar gasoline powered chain saw is equipped with a filter system to ensure a long air filter life. The automatic lubrication system reduces the risk of wear and damage of the starter mechanism and prolongs using life. Effortless pull starting system, start faster, higher reliability
- Air Filter: The quick-release air filter facilitates easy cleaning and replacement of the air filter, and the high performance , huge power direct air injection carburettor reduces emission levels and fuel consumption. Maximizes run time and chain saw motor life
- 【62CC engine with more powerful power and speed】Our gas chainsaw uses the latest 62CC power full-crank two-stroke cycle engine, provides greater power and less vibration, with a 20-inch bar and low-kickback chain that can quickly and easily cut the hardest wood, and not easy to drop the chain.
- 【Reliable and safe quality】This electric chainsaw is designed with a safety switch to prevent accidental opening and the quick-stop chain brake helps to use it more safely. The chain saw, equipped with a high-quality chain and high-hardness bar, cutting speed, more durable, high wear resistance, and longer service life. Warm tips: please make sure that it fits the sprocket well and use a wrench to turn the chain as a try before starting the chainsaw.
- 【Environmental protection system saves fuel consumption】The automatic oil can provide a stable and saving supply of chain and bar. While providing the highest cutting performance helps reduce fuel consumption by 20%. More environmentally.
- The gasoline chain saw is equipped with a quick-release filter for easy cleaning and replacement of the filter, and an automatic filter system to prevent dust from entering the engine and maximizes run time and chain saws for trees gas powered motor life.
- 【PROFESSIONAL SERVICE GUARANTEE】We have professional customer service to provide each customer with high-quality and efficient service. If you have any questions, like Technical Support, Missing parts, Damaged Parts, Parts wear and tear, and so on, please contact us as soon as possible, you will find 'SUPMIX' is a trustworthy and professional brand.
- POWER AND WELL-BALANCED:The SUNGEL 5800 Chainsaw offers a superior power-to-weight ratio for optimal maneuverability and performance for in-tree work. That is perfect for homeowners, farmers and professional users.
- STRONG DYNAMIC SYSTEM:This saw boasts an efficient air filter, inertia-activated chain brake, ergonomic design and an adjustable automatic chain oiler for optimal performance.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE:The SUNGEL 5800 Chainsaw weighs just 14 lbs. (Including 20'' bar/chain 0.058'' 0.325'' 76DL). It can be operated with a single hand, making it convenient for extended use without causing fatigue.
- EASY TO START:Set up the simple-to-activate launcher for a hassle-free launch and adjust the fail-safe switch for a more convenient start and stop.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY:Welcome to contact us by email for any questions, we'll reply within 24 hours.
- 62CC Power Chainsaw:The wrap-around handle feels soft and comfortable, which helps reduce user fatigue. The built-in steel bar spring makes it flexible and fast-rebounding, reducing starting resistance, so that the elderly and women can easily use it.It come with 20''bar（tail mount: 0.322''/8.2mm) and chain 0.058''gauge 0.325''pitch 76DL.
- Lightweight And Portable:NEOTEC NCS6200 Chainsaw weight only 14 Ibs. (include a 20 inch bar and chain) .It can be used with one hand, and it is not easy to get tired after long-term use.
- Reliable And Fuel-Efficient :NEOTEC NCS6200 Chinsaw offers a superior power-to-weight ratio for optimal maneuverability and performance for in-tree work.
- Easy Start:Configure the easy to activate launcher to make the launch effortless, reset foolproof switch to make start and stop easier.
- Local Service:1 Year warranty,If you encounter quality problems with the chainsaw, you can contact us and we will provide mailing labels. You can send it to our local after-sales service outlets for free repair or replacement.
? How to choose?
1. Power and Performance
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a gas chainsaw is its power and performance. A powerful chainsaw will allow you to tackle even the toughest cutting tasks with ease. Look for a chainsaw with a high engine displacement, measured in cubic centimeters (cc), as this indicates the power output of the chainsaw. Additionally, consider the chainsaw’s horsepower (HP) rating, which also reflects its cutting ability. A chainsaw with a higher HP rating will have more cutting power, making it suitable for heavy-duty tasks.
2. Bar Length and Cutting Capacity
The bar length of a chainsaw refers to the length of the cutting blade. It determines the size of the logs or branches that the chainsaw can handle. For smaller, occasional cutting tasks, a chainsaw with a shorter bar length, such as 14-16 inches, may be sufficient. However, for larger, more frequent cutting jobs, a chainsaw with a longer bar length, such as 18-20 inches or more, would be more appropriate. Keep in mind that longer bar lengths require more power to operate efficiently.
3. Safety Features
Safety should be a top priority when choosing a gas chainsaw. Look for chainsaws with built-in safety features such as chain brakes, which can quickly stop the chain in case of kickback or other emergencies. Anti-vibration handles are also important as they reduce fatigue and provide better control during operation. Additionally, consider chainsaws with easy-start systems, which minimize the risk of injury from pull-starting the engine.
4. Durability and Reliability
Investing in a durable and reliable gas chainsaw is essential to ensure its longevity and performance. Look for chainsaws made from high-quality materials, such as magnesium or aluminum, which provide strength and durability. Read customer reviews and consider brands with a reputation for producing reliable chainsaws. A chainsaw with a good warranty is also a sign of its durability and the manufacturer’s confidence in its product.
5. Maintenance and Ease of Use
Consider the maintenance requirements and ease of use of the gas chainsaw you are considering. Look for chainsaws with easy-access air filters and tool-less chain tensioning systems, which make routine maintenance tasks simpler. Chainsaws with ergonomic designs and weight distribution can also make them easier to handle and reduce fatigue during extended use. Consider your own physical abilities and comfort level when choosing a gas chainsaw.
In conclusion, when choosing a gas chainsaw, consider factors such as power and performance, bar length and cutting capacity, safety features, durability and reliability, and maintenance and ease of use. By carefully evaluating these aspects, you can find a gas chainsaw that meets your specific needs and provides efficient and safe cutting performance. Remember, it’s important to invest in a high-quality chainsaw that suits your intended use to ensure both efficiency and safety.
? What to Look for in a gas chainsaws?
1. Power and Performance
When it comes to gas chainsaws, power and performance are two key factors to consider. Look for a chainsaw that has a high horsepower rating, as this will determine how well it can handle tough cutting tasks. A chainsaw with a higher horsepower will be able to cut through thicker logs and branches with ease.
For example, the Husqvarna 460 Rancher Gas Chainsaw has a powerful 3.62 horsepower engine, making it ideal for heavy-duty cutting. It can easily handle large trees and dense wood, making it a great choice for professional loggers or homeowners with extensive land to maintain.
Additionally, pay attention to the chainsaw’s cutting speed. A higher cutting speed means that the chainsaw will be able to make quicker and more efficient cuts. Look for a chainsaw with a chain speed of at least 50 feet per second for optimal performance.
2. Durability and Build Quality
A gas chainsaw is an investment, so it’s important to choose one that is built to last. Look for a chainsaw that is made from high-quality materials, such as a sturdy metal frame and a durable chain. Chainsaws with an anti-vibration system are also worth considering, as they help reduce fatigue and increase comfort during extended use.
For example, the Echo CS-590 Timber Wolf Gas Chainsaw is known for its durability and rugged construction. It features a heavy-duty air filter system that helps protect the engine from dust and debris, ensuring a longer lifespan.
3. Safety Features
Safety should always be a top priority when operating a chainsaw. Look for models that have safety features such as a chain brake, which automatically stops the chain in the event of kickback. This can help prevent accidents and injuries.
Another important safety feature to consider is a low kickback chain. This type of chain reduces the chances of kickback occurring, making the chainsaw easier to handle and safer to use.
The Stihl MS 271 Farm Boss Gas Chainsaw is equipped with a chain brake and a low kickback chain, making it a safe option for both beginners and experienced users.
In conclusion, when looking for a gas chainsaw, consider the power and performance, durability and build quality, and safety features. By carefully evaluating these factors, you can choose a chainsaw that will meet your needs and provide reliable performance for years to come.
? How we picked?
1. Power and Performance
When it comes to choosing a gas chainsaw, power and performance are key factors to consider. After all, you want a chainsaw that can handle tough cutting tasks with ease.
One of the first things to look at is the engine size, which is usually measured in cubic centimeters (cc). A higher cc generally means more power, allowing you to tackle larger and thicker trees. For example, a chainsaw with a 50cc engine is more suitable for heavy-duty tasks, while a 30cc engine may be sufficient for lighter work.
Another important aspect is the chainsaw’s horsepower (HP). Higher horsepower typically translates to increased cutting speed and efficiency. For instance, a chainsaw with 3.5 HP will likely outperform one with only 2 HP.
2. Bar Length and Cutting Capacity
The bar length refers to the distance between the chainsaw’s tip and the point where the chain enters the housing. It determines the maximum diameter of the tree or log that the chainsaw can cut through in a single pass.
For smaller cutting jobs or occasional use, a chainsaw with a shorter bar length, such as 14-16 inches, may be sufficient. However, if you frequently tackle larger projects or work in the forestry industry, you may want to consider a chainsaw with a longer bar length, such as 18-24 inches.
Remember, the longer the bar length, the heavier the chainsaw will be, so it’s essential to find the right balance between cutting capacity and comfort.
3. Safety Features and Ergonomics
Safety should always be a top priority when operating a chainsaw. Look for models that come equipped with safety features such as chain brakes, which can instantly stop the chain in case of kickback. Additionally, a chain catcher can prevent the chain from hitting the user in the event of a broken or derailed chain.
Ergonomics also play a vital role in ensuring a comfortable and safe cutting experience. Look for chainsaws with features like anti-vibration systems, ergonomic handles, and adjustable chain tensioning mechanisms. These features can reduce fatigue and minimize the risk of accidents during prolonged use.
Remember, it’s crucial to choose a chainsaw that suits your specific needs and experience level. Don’t hesitate to seek advice from professionals or read customer reviews to ensure you make an informed decision.
In conclusion, when picking a gas chainsaw, prioritize power and performance, consider the bar length and cutting capacity, and pay attention to safety features and ergonomics. By carefully evaluating these factors, you can find a chainsaw that meets your needs and makes your cutting tasks more efficient and enjoyable.
? Frequently asked questions about gas chainsaws
1. What are the advantages of using a gas chainsaw over an electric one?
Gas chainsaws offer several advantages over their electric counterparts. Firstly, they provide more power, making them suitable for heavy-duty tasks such as cutting large trees or thick logs. The **raw power** of a gas chainsaw allows for faster and more efficient cutting, saving you time and effort. Additionally, gas chainsaws are not limited by a power cord, giving you the freedom to move around without restrictions. Whether you’re working in a remote area or tackling a project in your backyard, a gas chainsaw provides the convenience of portability.
2. How do I choose the right size of gas chainsaw for my needs?
Choosing the right size of a gas chainsaw is crucial to ensure optimal performance. Consider the type of tasks you’ll be undertaking. For light to medium-duty tasks such as pruning or cutting small trees, a chainsaw with a bar length of 14-16 inches would be sufficient. However, if you plan on tackling larger trees or more demanding projects, opt for a chainsaw with a longer bar length, typically between 18-24 inches. **Remember**, the longer the bar length, the more power and weight the chainsaw will have, so choose accordingly.
3. Are gas chainsaws difficult to start?
While starting a gas chainsaw may seem intimidating at first, modern gas chainsaws are designed with user-friendly features to make the starting process easier. Many models now come with a primer bulb that helps to draw fuel into the carburetor, making starting quicker. Additionally, some chainsaws feature a decompression valve, reducing the amount of force required to pull the starter rope. **With a little practice and following the manufacturer’s instructions**, starting a gas chainsaw can become a hassle-free task.
4. How do I maintain a gas chainsaw?
Proper maintenance is essential to keep your gas chainsaw in top condition. Regularly clean the air filter, as a clogged filter can reduce performance. **Inspect the chain for any signs of damage or dullness**, and sharpen it as needed. Additionally, check the tension of the chain regularly, ensuring it is not too loose or too tight. Finally, don’t forget to refill the chain oil tank frequently to ensure proper lubrication. By following these maintenance practices, you can extend the lifespan of your gas chainsaw and ensure optimal performance.
5. What safety precautions should I take when operating a gas chainsaw?
Operating a gas chainsaw requires caution and adherence to safety guidelines. Always wear appropriate protective gear, including goggles, gloves, and ear protection. **Maintain a firm grip on the chainsaw**, keeping both hands on the handles at all times. Be aware of your surroundings, ensuring there are no obstacles or bystanders nearby. Remember to follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding starting, stopping, and operating the chainsaw. By prioritizing safety, you can minimize the risk of accidents or injuries while using a gas chainsaw.
Last update on 2023-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API