Welcome to our comprehensive electric tankless water heaters buying guide. If you’re tired of waiting for hot water or constantly running out of it, then you’ve come to the right place. Our guide will walk you through everything you need to know about electric tankless water heaters, from their benefits and features to installation and maintenance tips. Whether you’re looking to save energy, space, or simply upgrade your home, our guide will help you make an informed decision. Say goodbye to cold showers and hello to endless hot water with our expert advice.
? Our Top 5
- External digital thermostatic control with LED display (+/1 degree accuracy)
- Most advanced self-modulation, adjust power to meet hot water demand
- Durable Copper immersion two heating elements, field Serviceable. Flow Rate- up to 4.4 GPM
- Simple installation – bottom 3/4 inch NPT water connections
- Threaded for easy replacement, simple installation, digital temperature display
- Endless On-Demand Hot Water; Consistent hot water when you need it that never runs out; Continuously monitored water temperature and controlled flow rates ensure efficiency and consistent performance within 1 degree of selected temperature.Amperage Draw : 54 A.Special Features: Energy Efficient
- Save Space; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters; may be installed on wall or at point of use; Dimensions 11.5 x 8 x 3.75 inches
- Save Energy; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 99% thermal energy efficient; Only heats water when called unlike a tank heater that maintains water temperature even when not being used.
- EcoSmart ECO 11 Sizing; 13-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for a bathroom, small sink, office breakroom and other point-of-use or low-flow applications; provides between 1.3 and 3.1 gallons-per-minute depending on the inlet water temperature; refer to the sizing guide to select the proper solution
- Endless on-Demand Hot Water; Consistent hot water when you need it that never runs out; Continuously monitored water temperature and controlled flow rates ensure efficiency and consistent performance within 1 degree of selected temperature
- Save Space; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters; may be installed on wall or at point of use; Dimensions 17 x 17 x 3.75 inches
- Save Energy; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 99% thermal energy efficient; Only heats water when called unlike a tank heater that maintains water temperature even when not being used. Save up to 50% in water heating costs according to the Department of Energy
- EcoSmart ECO 27 Sizing; Refer to the sizing map. Requires 3x40 AMP Double Pole Breaker, 27-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for whole home applications; provides between 2.7 and 6.5 gallons-per-minute depending on the inlet water temperature; refer to the sizing guide to select the proper solution
- Warranty and Certifications; Limited Lifetime Warranty on electronics, exchanger and element; UL-499 certified; ETL Listed
- 【Electric Water Heater on Demand】Applied with 6.5kW heating system, the instant water heater electric ECO65 supplies instant, sufficient and endless hot water of 110℉ or higher temp in seconds, no waiting for preheating nor terrible temp fluctuation, perfect companion for sink faucet. Time to get rid of those 110V "lukewarm" toys.
- 【Smart Self Modulation】The tankless water heater electric ECO65 adjusts power input based on flow rate and temp setting in real time. For example, less power will be applied by the smart instant hot water heater when water flow is reduced, thus, you get still ideal temperature instead of scalding hot, comfortable experience for sure. Optimal energy efficiency of 98% saves considerable electric charge.
- 【Simple Tankless Water Heater】The electric tankless water heater ECO65 comes with digital display & touch control panel so temp setting is easy job, you needn’t go through hard lesson of getting full understanding of working status of the 240v water heater tankless. Now turn on the faucet and let the smart tankless hot water heater do the rest.
- 【Safe and Durable Water Heater】Newly updated with protection devices, every piece tankless water heater electric ECO65 goes through strict tests to ensure 100% safety. Inner water and electricity lines are specially designed to run separated so as to avoid leakage risk or scale build up. The on demand hot water heater ECO65 qualifies for ETL standard, you can expect outstanding performance for years to come.
- 【Point of Use Water Heater】The sleek tankless water heater electric ECO65 is compact as an oatmeal box, making it possible to install any place as point of use water heater to avoid energy and water waste, ideal for kitchen sink, bar, school, hospital, community and hair salon. Please verify it is the right size for you: 6.5kW@240V(ONLY); dimensions 10.3" (W) x 15.4" (H) x 2" (D); plumbing connections :1/2" NPT.
- ON/OFF Dial Control with adjustable digital temperature display
- Self-modulating power control
- 24kW Model Flow Rate: up to 5.9 GPM for RTEX-24
- Bottom 3/4" NPT water connections
- On demand, consistent and continuous hot water
? How to choose?
1. Size and Capacity
When choosing an electric tankless water heater, it’s important to consider the size and capacity that will best suit your household’s needs. The size of the unit will depend on the number of bathrooms and fixtures in your home, as well as the peak hot water demand.
For example, if you have a large family with multiple bathrooms, you will need a higher capacity unit to ensure an adequate supply of hot water. On the other hand, if you live alone or in a small household, a smaller unit may be sufficient.
2. Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency is a key factor to consider when choosing an electric tankless water heater. Look for a model that has a high Energy Factor (EF) rating, as this indicates how efficiently the unit converts energy into hot water.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, “Energy-efficient models can save you money on your utility bills and reduce your impact on the environment.” Investing in an energy-efficient unit not only helps you save on your monthly bills, but also reduces your carbon footprint.
3. Installation Requirements
Before purchasing an electric tankless water heater, it’s important to consider the installation requirements. These units typically require a dedicated electrical circuit and sufficient electrical capacity to handle the load.
Additionally, you’ll need to ensure that the unit is compatible with your existing plumbing system. If you’re replacing an old water heater, you may need to make modifications to accommodate the new unit. It’s always a good idea to consult a professional plumber to assess your installation needs.
4. Brand Reputation and Warranty
When investing in an electric tankless water heater, it’s important to choose a reputable brand that offers a solid warranty. A well-established brand with a positive reputation is more likely to provide reliable products and excellent customer service.
According to Consumer Reports, “The best water heaters come with warranties that exceed the industry standard of six years.” A longer warranty not only provides peace of mind, but also indicates that the manufacturer stands behind their product.
5. Price and Budget
Lastly, consider your budget when choosing an electric tankless water heater. While these units can be more expensive upfront compared to traditional tank water heaters, they offer long-term savings in terms of energy efficiency and lower operating costs.
However, it’s important to find a balance between price and quality. Don’t compromise on quality just to save a few dollars. Look for a unit that offers a good balance of features, performance, and price.
In conclusion, when choosing an electric tankless water heater, consider factors such as size and capacity, energy efficiency, installation requirements, brand reputation and warranty, and price and budget. By carefully evaluating these factors, you can find the perfect unit that meets your hot water needs while providing long-term savings and reliability.
? What to Look for in a electric tankless water heaters?
1. Energy Efficiency
When looking for an electric tankless water heater, one of the most important factors to consider is its energy efficiency. A high-efficiency unit can significantly reduce energy consumption and save you money on your utility bills. Look for models that are Energy Star certified, as they meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency. These units are designed to use less energy while still providing hot water on demand.
One example of an energy-efficient electric tankless water heater is the EcoSmart ECO 27. This unit is designed to heat water only when it’s needed, eliminating standby heat loss. It has a digital temperature control that allows you to set the water temperature precisely, further reducing energy waste. According to the manufacturer, the ECO 27 can save up to 50% on water heating costs compared to a traditional tank water heater.
2. Flow Rate
Another important factor to consider when choosing an electric tankless water heater is its flow rate. The flow rate refers to the amount of hot water the unit can produce per minute. It’s essential to select a unit that can meet your household’s hot water demand, especially during peak usage times.
For example, if you have a large family with multiple bathrooms and appliances that require hot water simultaneously, you’ll need a unit with a higher flow rate. On the other hand, if you have a smaller household with fewer hot water demands, a unit with a lower flow rate may be sufficient.
3. Size and Installation
The size and installation requirements of an electric tankless water heater are also crucial considerations. These units are typically compact and wall-mounted, making them ideal for homes with limited space. However, it’s essential to ensure that you have adequate space and proper ventilation for installation.
Additionally, consider the electrical requirements of the unit. Some models may require a dedicated circuit or higher amperage capacity, so it’s important to consult an electrician before making a purchase.
Overall, when looking for an electric tankless water heater, prioritize energy efficiency, flow rate, and size and installation requirements. By considering these factors, you can find a unit that not only meets your hot water needs but also saves you money and space in the long run.
? How we picked?
1. Energy Efficiency: The Key Factor in Choosing an Electric Tankless Water Heater
When it comes to choosing an electric tankless water heater, energy efficiency is undoubtedly the most crucial factor to consider. Unlike traditional tank water heaters that constantly consume energy to keep a large amount of water hot, electric tankless water heaters only heat water as it is needed, resulting in significant energy savings. According to the Department of Energy, switching to a tankless water heater can save the average household up to 50% on water heating costs.
To ensure that we only recommend the most energy-efficient electric tankless water heaters, we carefully evaluated the Energy Factor (EF) of each model. The EF is a measure of a water heater’s overall efficiency, taking into account factors such as standby heat loss and operating efficiency. We selected models with a high EF, indicating that they effectively convert energy into hot water, reducing waste and saving you money on your energy bills.
2. Flow Rate: Finding the Perfect Balance between Performance and Demand
Another critical aspect we considered in our selection process is the flow rate of electric tankless water heaters. The flow rate refers to the amount of hot water the unit can deliver per minute, and it is essential to ensure that the heater can meet your household’s hot water demands.
We understand that different households have varying hot water needs, from small apartments with one bathroom to large families with multiple bathrooms and appliances running simultaneously. To cater to these diverse needs, we included a range of electric tankless water heaters with different flow rates in our recommendations. Whether you need a unit with a higher flow rate for larger households or a more compact model for smaller spaces, we have options to suit your specific requirements.
3. Size and Installation: Space-Saving Solutions
The size and installation requirements of electric tankless water heaters are often overlooked but can have a significant impact on your overall satisfaction with the product. Traditional tank water heaters can take up a considerable amount of space, especially in smaller homes or apartments. Electric tankless water heaters, on the other hand, are compact and can be installed in more convenient locations.
We considered the dimensions and installation flexibility of each electric tankless water heater in our selection. Whether you have limited wall space or prefer a unit that can be installed under a sink or in a closet, we have options that will meet your needs. Additionally, we provided information on the installation process, highlighting models that are easy to install, even for those with limited plumbing experience.
By prioritizing energy efficiency, flow rate, and size and installation requirements, we have curated a selection of electric tankless water heaters that cater to a wide range of household needs. With our recommendations, you can confidently choose a unit that not only saves energy and money but also provides a consistent supply of hot water for your daily needs.
? Frequently asked questions about electric tankless water heaters
1. What is an electric tankless water heater?
An electric tankless water heater is a modern and energy-efficient alternative to traditional water heaters. Unlike conventional models that store and constantly heat a large tank of water, electric tankless water heaters instantly heat water as it flows through the unit. This means there is no need for a storage tank, saving valuable space in your home.
2. How does an electric tankless water heater work?
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water enters the tankless unit through a pipe. Inside the unit, powerful heating elements heat the water as it passes through, delivering hot water on demand. The heated water then flows directly to your faucet or showerhead, providing a continuous supply of hot water.
3. What are the benefits of using an electric tankless water heater?
There are several advantages to choosing an electric tankless water heater. Firstly, they are highly energy-efficient, as they only heat water when it is needed. This can result in significant savings on your energy bills. Additionally, electric tankless water heaters have a longer lifespan compared to traditional models, reducing the need for frequent replacements. They also take up less space, making them ideal for smaller homes or apartments.
4. Are electric tankless water heaters suitable for large households?
While electric tankless water heaters are capable of providing hot water for multiple fixtures simultaneously, their capacity may vary. It is important to choose a unit with the appropriate flow rate and temperature rise to meet the demands of your household. In some cases, installing multiple units in parallel may be necessary to ensure an adequate supply of hot water.
5. Can I install an electric tankless water heater myself?
While some homeowners may have the necessary skills to install an electric tankless water heater themselves, it is generally recommended to hire a professional plumber. Proper installation is crucial to ensure safe and efficient operation. A licensed plumber will have the expertise and knowledge to assess your home’s electrical system, determine the appropriate unit size, and carry out the installation correctly.
In conclusion, electric tankless water heaters offer a convenient, energy-efficient, and space-saving solution for providing hot water on demand. By understanding how they work and considering your household’s specific needs, you can confidently choose the right electric tankless water heater for your home.
Last update on 2024-02-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API