Welcome to our comprehensive electric heaters buying guide! As the temperatures drop, finding a reliable and efficient heating solution becomes essential. Whether you’re looking to warm up a small room or your entire home, we’ve got you covered. Our expert team has researched and handpicked the best electric heaters on the market, considering factors such as energy efficiency, safety features, and overall performance. In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know before making a purchase, from different types of electric heaters to key features to consider. So, let’s dive in and find the perfect electric heater for your comfort and savings.
? Our Top 5
- 2 in 1 heater fan: This ceramic heater provides two heat levels, 1500W or 750W and one cool air fan, you can use it both for winter and summer. Thermostat control of the heater will turn the heater off when it reaches a preset temperature and turn the heater back on when the temperature dips below the thermostat setting
- Multi protection safety system: These heaters are made of flame retardant material avoiding any fire hazard. Automatic safety shutoff system will shut the heater off when the heater overheat. The tip over protection system will also shut the heater off when the heater was knocked over by accident and it will come back on automatically if it is up righted
- Compact and powerful: 6.2 inch x 7 inch x 10.2 inch, 2.9 pounds portable mini heater with build in carry handle helps to reinforce the potential of rather low electrical bills by using at the place where you need when you don't want to warm the full house with other centralized heaters
- Quiet and fast heating: The noise this ceramic heater makes is lower than 45 decibels, quiet enough for most people to use in a bedroom while sleeping. With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heat to heat up 200 square feet in seconds
- Upgrade abs material: Upgrade abs material applied, which is more flame-retardant. The room heater with six feet lead cord and 2 prong connection has a long lasting life
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection.Heat Up for a large room - Dual Heating System: Infrared Quartz tube + PTC for 60% more heat than others. Rated around 5200 BTU.
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12-Hour automatic shut-off timer. Amperage: 12.5 Amps
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating can cover for a large room.
- Electronic Thermostat: range 50 to 85 degrees. Caster Wheels and Lifetime Filter
- Weights 24 lbs and uses 12.5 Amps of Power. 1500 Watts. Power Cord is 72-inch-long (6 Feet)
- Endless on-Demand Hot Water; Consistent hot water when you need it that never runs out; Continuously monitored water temperature and controlled flow rates ensure efficiency and consistent performance within 1 degree of selected temperature
- Save Space; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters; may be installed on wall or at point of use; Dimensions 17 x 17 x 3.75 inches
- Save Energy; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 99% thermal energy efficient; Only heats water when called unlike a tank heater that maintains water temperature even when not being used. Save up to 50% in water heating costs according to the Department of Energy
- EcoSmart ECO 27 Sizing; Refer to the sizing map. Requires 3x40 AMP Double Pole Breaker, 27-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for whole home applications; provides between 2.7 and 6.5 gallons-per-minute depending on the inlet water temperature; refer to the sizing guide to select the proper solution
- Warranty and Certifications; Limited Lifetime Warranty on electronics, exchanger and element; UL-499 certified; ETL Listed
- 2 in 1 Heater and Air Fan:The small heater offers two heat settings, 1500W or 750W, along with a cooling fan function, making it usable in both winter and summer. The heater's thermostat control automatically shuts off the heating element when the preset temperature is reached, and it reactivates the heater when the temperature falls below the thermostat setting.
- Multiple Safety Protections:The space heater is constructed from flame-resistant materials, utilizing an upgraded version of ABS material that enhances flame resistance, effectively mitigating any risk of fire hazard. The Overheat Protection feature automatically shuts down the heater when it reaches a critical temperature. The tip-over protection system also deactivates the heater if accidentally tipped over; upon righting the heater, it resumes operation.
- Compact and Portable:The heater for indoor use measures 6.2 inches x 7 inches x 10.2 inches and weighs 2.9 pounds. It comes with a 6-foot power extension cord and an integrated handle, allowing convenient mobility for use in offices, rooms, and on desks. The mini heater is designed to heat up 200 square feet.
- Quiet and Rapid Heating:The portable heater operates with noise levels below 46 decibels, ensuring a tranquil environment suitable for most individuals to use while sleeping in bedrooms. Employing PTC ceramic heating technology and a high-speed fan, this heater is capable of emitting substantial heat within seconds, rapidly warming spaces of up to 200 square feet.
- JNDRO After Sale Service:ETL Certified, Our friendly and reliable customer service will respond to you within 24 hours. You can purchase with confidence, with our 30-day return and 12-month replacement.
- Endless On-Demand Hot Water; Consistent hot water when you need it that never runs out; Continuously monitored water temperature and controlled flow rates ensure efficiency and consistent performance within 1 degree of selected temperature.Amperage Draw : 54 A.Special Features: Energy Efficient
- Save Space; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 90% smaller than traditional tank heaters; may be installed on wall or at point of use; Dimensions 11.5 x 8 x 3.75 inches
- Save Energy; EcoSmart tankless electric water heaters are 99% thermal energy efficient; Only heats water when called unlike a tank heater that maintains water temperature even when not being used.
- EcoSmart ECO 11 Sizing; 13-kilowatt tankless electric water heater ideal for providing hot water for a bathroom, small sink, office breakroom and other point-of-use or low-flow applications; provides between 1.3 and 3.1 gallons-per-minute depending on the inlet water temperature; refer to the sizing guide to select the proper solution
? How to choose?
1. Energy Efficiency
When choosing an electric heater, it is important to consider its energy efficiency. Look for heaters that have a high energy efficiency rating, as this will not only help you save on your electricity bills, but also reduce your carbon footprint. One example of an energy-efficient electric heater is the XYZ model, which has been rated as one of the most efficient heaters on the market.
2. Heating Capacity
The heating capacity of an electric heater is another important factor to consider. You want to make sure that the heater you choose is capable of heating the space you intend to use it in. To determine the heating capacity you need, calculate the square footage of the room and look for a heater that is suitable for that size. For example, if you have a room that is 200 square feet, you would need a heater with a heating capacity of at least 2,000 BTUs (British Thermal Units).
3. Safety Features
Safety should always be a top priority when choosing an electric heater. Look for heaters that have built-in safety features such as tip-over protection and overheat protection. These features will automatically shut off the heater if it is accidentally knocked over or if it starts to overheat, reducing the risk of fire or injury. One example of a heater with excellent safety features is the ABC model, which has both tip-over protection and overheat protection.
4. Noise Level
If you plan on using your electric heater in a bedroom or office, noise level is an important consideration. Some heaters can be quite noisy, which can be disruptive and make it difficult to concentrate or sleep. Look for heaters that have a low noise level, typically measured in decibels (dB). For example, the DEF model is known for its quiet operation, with a noise level of only 40 dB.
Portability is another factor to consider when choosing an electric heater. If you plan on moving the heater from room to room, or if you want the flexibility to take it with you when you travel, look for heaters that are lightweight and have built-in handles or wheels for easy transportation. The GHI model, for example, is a compact and portable heater that weighs only 5 pounds and has a convenient carry handle.
In conclusion, when choosing an electric heater, it is important to consider factors such as energy efficiency, heating capacity, safety features, noise level, and portability. By taking these factors into account, you can ensure that you choose a heater that meets your heating needs while also providing comfort, convenience, and peace of mind. Remember to do thorough research and read customer reviews to find the best electric heater for your specific requirements.
? What to Look for in a electric heaters?
1. Energy Efficiency
When looking for an electric heater, one of the most important factors to consider is energy efficiency. A heater that is energy efficient not only saves you money on your electricity bill, but also reduces your carbon footprint. Look for heaters that have an Energy Star certification, as these models have been tested and proven to meet strict energy efficiency guidelines. Additionally, consider heaters with programmable thermostats, which allow you to set specific temperatures and schedules to optimize energy usage. By choosing an energy-efficient electric heater, you can stay warm and cozy without breaking the bank.
2. Safety Features
Safety should always be a top priority when selecting an electric heater. Look for models that have built-in safety features such as tip-over protection and overheat protection. Tip-over protection automatically shuts off the heater if it is accidentally knocked over, preventing any potential fire hazards. Overheat protection ensures that the heater automatically turns off if it gets too hot, preventing any risk of overheating and potential damage. These safety features provide peace of mind, especially if you have children or pets in your home.
3. Heating Capacity and Coverage
Consider the heating capacity and coverage of the electric heater you are considering. The heating capacity is measured in BTUs (British Thermal Units) or watts, and it determines how much heat the heater can produce. The coverage refers to the area that the heater can effectively warm up. Ensure that the heater you choose is appropriate for the size of the room you intend to use it in. For example, a small heater with a low heating capacity may not be sufficient for a large living room, while a powerful heater may be unnecessary for a small bedroom. It is important to strike a balance between the heater’s capacity and the room’s size to maximize its efficiency and effectiveness.
By considering these key factors – energy efficiency, safety features, and heating capacity and coverage – you can make an informed decision when purchasing an electric heater. Remember to read customer reviews and compare different models to find the one that best suits your needs. Stay warm and comfortable while minimizing energy consumption with an electric heater that ticks all the right boxes.
? How we picked?
1. Research and Expert Reviews
When it comes to choosing the best electric heater for your needs, it’s essential to do thorough research. We understand that finding the right electric heater can be overwhelming due to the wide variety of options available on the market. That’s why our team of experts has conducted extensive research to bring you the most reliable and up-to-date information.
Our experts have analyzed numerous electric heaters, considering factors such as heating capacity, energy efficiency, safety features, and user reviews. By combining their expertise with real-world experiences, they have selected the top electric heaters that excel in performance and reliability.
2. User Feedback and Reviews
We believe that user feedback is invaluable when it comes to evaluating the performance and satisfaction of a product. That’s why we have taken into account the experiences and opinions of actual users who have purchased and used the electric heaters we recommend.
We have scoured online platforms, including customer reviews on e-commerce websites and forums, to gather feedback and ratings from a wide range of users. This helps us understand the strengths and weaknesses of each electric heater, as well as any potential issues that users may have encountered.
3. Safety and Energy Efficiency
Safety is a top priority when it comes to electric heaters, and we have carefully selected models that meet the highest safety standards. Our experts have evaluated each electric heater’s safety features, including tip-over protection, overheat protection, and child lock features.
Additionally, we understand the importance of energy efficiency in today’s environmentally conscious world. Our team has assessed the energy efficiency of each electric heater, considering factors such as energy consumption and programmable timers. We have selected electric heaters that not only provide optimal heating performance but also help reduce energy costs.
By considering research and expert reviews, user feedback, and safety and energy efficiency, we have curated a list of the best electric heaters on the market. Whether you’re looking for a portable electric heater for your office or a wall-mounted heater for your living room, our buying guide will help you make an informed decision.
? Frequently asked questions about electric heaters
1. What types of electric heaters are available on the market?
There are several types of electric heaters available, each with its own unique features and benefits. Some popular options include convection heaters, radiant heaters, oil-filled heaters, and ceramic heaters. Convection heaters work by heating the air in a room, while radiant heaters emit heat directly to objects and people in their proximity. Oil-filled heaters are known for their long-lasting heat retention, and ceramic heaters provide quick and efficient warmth. Each type of electric heater has its own advantages, so it’s important to consider your specific needs and preferences before making a purchase.
2. What should I consider when selecting an electric heater?
When selecting an electric heater, it’s important to consider factors such as the size of the space you want to heat, the heater’s energy efficiency, and any additional features you may need. The size of the space will determine the wattage and heating capacity required for effective heating. Energy efficiency is crucial to ensure that your heater operates efficiently and doesn’t consume excessive electricity. Look for heaters with programmable timers, adjustable thermostat settings, and safety features like tip-over protection and overheating protection. Additionally, consider the noise level of the heater if you plan to use it in a quiet environment.
3. Are electric heaters safe to use?
Yes, electric heaters are generally safe to use when used correctly and according to the manufacturer’s instructions. However, it’s important to take necessary precautions to minimize any potential risks. Avoid placing the heater near flammable materials, such as curtains or furniture, and ensure that it is placed on a stable surface to prevent tipping over. Always unplug the heater when not in use and avoid using extension cords or power strips, as they can overload and overheat. Regularly check the heater for any signs of wear or damage, and never leave it unattended for extended periods.
4. Can electric heaters help save on energy costs?
Electric heaters can help save on energy costs compared to central heating systems, especially when used to heat specific areas instead of the entire house. By using an electric heater in the room you spend the most time in, you can lower the thermostat for the rest of the house, resulting in energy savings. Additionally, newer models of electric heaters are designed with energy-saving features such as programmable timers and thermostats, allowing you to set specific heating schedules and temperatures. This helps avoid unnecessary energy consumption when the heater is not needed.
5. What is the maintenance required for electric heaters?
Electric heaters generally require minimal maintenance. However, it’s important to keep them clean and free from dust accumulation, as it can affect their performance and efficiency. Regularly check the heater’s filters and vents, and clean or replace them as necessary. Additionally, inspect the power cord for any signs of damage and ensure it is in good condition. It’s also a good practice to have your electric heater inspected by a professional at least once a year to ensure its proper functioning and safety.
Last update on 2024-02-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API