Welcome to our comprehensive buying guide for acoustic electric guitars. Whether you’re a seasoned musician or just starting out, finding the perfect instrument can be a daunting task. But fear not, as we’re here to help you make an informed decision. With our expertise and passion for music, we’ll explore the world of acoustic electric guitars, highlighting key factors such as sound quality, playability, and affordability. From renowned brands to hidden gems, we’ll steer you towards the best options available, ensuring that your musical journey is both enjoyable and rewarding. Let’s dive in and find your perfect match!
? Our Top 5
- ALL-IN-ONE ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC GUITAR KIT: No need to purchase any additional accessories, this all-inclusive set comes with a carrying case, strap, pick case, tuner, and more
- ULTIMATE BEGINNERS & INTERMEDIATE GUITAR: Experiment with the sound settings to better fit your genre and style; adjust the treble, bass, middle, tone, and volume from the guitar's body
- PLAY ACOUSTIC OR ELECTRIC: This classic guitar can be plugged into an amplifier for a customizable electric tone, or played without one for an acoustic sound
- FIT FOR ALL AGES: Playing guitar is easy for beginners and experienced players alike with 9 accessories and an included pick-guard that keeps your guitar body scratch-free
- EASY TO PLAY: This acoustic-electric is comfortable to hold, with a cutaway shape that allows you to more comfortably reach past the neck and hit higher notes on the fretboard
- ALL-IN-ONE ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC GUITAR KIT: No need to purchase any additional accessories, this all-inclusive set comes with an amplifier, carrying case, strap, pick set, tuner, and more
- ULTIMATE BEGINNERS & INTERMEDIATE GUITAR: Experiment with the sound settings to better fit your genre and style; adjust the treble, bass, middle, tone, and volume from the guitar's body and amplifier
- PLAY ACOUSTIC OR ELECTRIC: This classic guitar can be plugged into an amplifier for a customizable electric tone, or played without one for an acoustic sound. A headphone jack in the amplifier lets you practice privately without disturbing those around
- FIT FOR ALL AGES: Playing guitar is easy for beginners and experienced players alike with 11 accessories including a pick-guard that keeps your guitar body scratch-free
- EASY TO PLAY: This acoustic-electric is comfortable to hold, with a cutaway shape that allows you to more comfortably reach past the neck and hit higher notes on the fretboard; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 40.5"(L) x 15.5"(W) x 4.5"(H); Guitar Weight: 4.6 lbs.
- ♫ WHY CARBON FIBER - Nova Go SP1 is made of carbon fiber composite material, which means it's impervious to temperature and humidity change. Taking it on travels, to chill on a beach with the hot bright sun up above, or to a hiking trip deep in a mountain, or even further to shoot some beautiful Instagram posts in a snow land, this Nova Go SP1 carbon fiber acoustic-electric guitar would stay stable, with no warp nor cracks. That's the definite edge of carbon fiber guitars.
- ♫ WHERE THINGS GET INTERESTING - The absolute differentiator of this guitar is that it’s equipped with the SP1 pickup system. It gets you reverb, delay, and fusion effects on your bare guitar, unplugged. No pedals nor amps are needed. There’s a little speaker inside the body of the guitar, which produces these effects sound, and it can be also used for music playback via Bluetooth.
- ♫ A PRODUCTIVITY WORKHORSE - SP1 pickup system not only allows you to have tons of fun unplugged. But if you plug it into an amp or PA, this Nova Go SP1 carbon fiber acoustic-electric guitar becomes a workhorse for you to gig with. What’s more, SP1 comes with USB On-The-Go connectivity. You can plug it directly into your phone or PC to record any creative ideas without needing an audio interface.
- ♫ SOLID BUILD & EASY TO PLAY - The body of this Nova Go SP1 carbon fiber acoustic-electric Guitarra is 1/2 sized (35 in.), molded all in one piece, meaning that the bridge is a cohesive part of the top, not glued upon like traditional acoustic guitars. It would never snap or fall off. Meanwhile, we've put a truss rod into the neck, giving your more adjustability for the string action, even though the factory setup is already optimum. Also, the Zero Fret feature is added for smoother tuning.
- ♫ PRACTICAL ACCESSORIES - This Nova Go SP1 acoustic-electric carbon fiber guitar comes with a gig bag, and the packaging is colorful and delicately designed. You can send it straight as a gift to someone you love or care about. A hexagon wrench is also included for you to adjust the string action. A USB Type-C cable is there to charge the pickup system, system update, and digital output. We’ve also included an instrument cable in the package.
- 【UNIQUE DESIGH】The 6 strings 41-inch acoustic electric guitar uses cutaway design - a cut at the junction of the body and neck makes the treble frets easier to reach when playing. The matte green combined with the distressed effect makes this guitar look unusual. Smooth and coherent high-bass switching coupled with eye-catching appearance will make you the most dazzling star at a party or on stage.
- 【COMPLETE ACCESSORIES KIT】The all-in-one acoustic electric guitar kit includes an 15W amplifier, clip-on tuner, guitar bag, strap, picks, cable, spare strings and a wrench. You don't need to buy any additional accessories. It is convenient for beginners who can use it right out of the box.
- 【CONSIDERATE FEATURES】 In addition to the on-board 4-band EQ with low-battery-display which can freely adjust bass, mid-range, treble and presence, the beginners guitar also has an inbuilt tuner. Just install 1 9V battery (not included) on the bottom of the guitar and it's ready to use. The 18:1 gear and chrome tuning pegs make tuning efficient.
- 【FABULOUS SOUND】The acoustic guitar with basswood body, maple wood neck and laurel wood fretboard provides excellent sound effects and atmosphere for playing. Phosphor bronze strings make the guitar's timbre crisper and brighter.
- 【DURABLE USE SETTING】Every guitar is equipped with a pick-guard to prevent the top-board from being scratched by picks while playing the guitar. Use the wrench to adjust the neck to remain it straight in different temperature. The premium wood materials and the rust-resistant property of phosphor bronze strings allow this guitar to be used for years to come.
- Incredible sound: Perfect for musicians-in-the-making or advanced players, this guitar features an impressive tone, standout projection and incredible sonics. It's waiting to be heard.
- Fine hardwood construction: Guitar is made from X-braced, A-grade Spruce wood, known for its resiliency and versatility and Basswood for warmth. Whether playing soft or loud, strumming or flatpicking, the guitar remains responsive and retains its tonal integrity.
- Thinline cutaway design: The body of this full-size (41") guitar is cut away at the neck for better access and more comfortable playing of the top frets. It's also thinline (3" thick) which creates an unparalleled sound & aesthetic, and is lightweight for burdenless travel and playing.
- Loaded with upgrades: On-board 4-band pickup/EQ (bass, mid-range, treble, and presence), two sets of upgraded phosphor bronze strings, and an ultra-glossy, tough-as-nails finish with chrome tuning pegs.
- Complete kit: Bundle includes the Ashthorpe guitar, a soft nylon "gig bag" guitar case, thin, medium & heavy celluloid picks, on-board 4-band pickup EQ, guitar cable, a shoulder strap, an extra set of strings and an owner's manual.
? How to choose?
1. Sound Quality
When choosing an acoustic electric guitar, the sound quality should be your top priority. A guitar with a rich and balanced tone will enhance your playing experience and ensure that your music sounds exceptional. Look for an instrument that produces a clear and resonant sound, both when played acoustically and when amplified.
2. Build Quality
The build quality of a guitar is crucial for its durability and playability. Pay attention to the materials used in its construction, such as the type of wood for the body, neck, and fretboard. High-quality tonewoods like mahogany, spruce, and rosewood often result in better resonance and projection. Additionally, examine the craftsmanship and attention to detail, ensuring that there are no visible defects or flaws.
The electronics in an acoustic electric guitar are what allow you to amplify and shape your sound. Look for a guitar with a reputable pickup system that accurately captures the natural sound of the instrument. Some popular options include Fishman, LR Baggs, and Taylor’s Expression System. Consider whether you prefer an under-saddle pickup, a soundhole pickup, or a combination of both, depending on your playing style and desired sound.
The playability of a guitar refers to how comfortable and easy it is to play. Factors such as the neck shape, fretboard radius, and string action can greatly affect how enjoyable it is to play the instrument. Try out different guitars and find one that feels comfortable in your hands and allows for smooth fretting and bending. A guitar with a slim neck profile and low action can be ideal for beginners or players with smaller hands.
Consider your budget when choosing an acoustic electric guitar. While it’s tempting to go for the most expensive option, it’s important to find a guitar that fits within your price range. There are excellent options available at various price points, so don’t feel like you have to break the bank to get a quality instrument. Remember to also allocate some of your budget for accessories such as a guitar case, strap, and tuner.
Ultimately, the best acoustic electric guitar for you will depend on your personal preferences and playing style. Take the time to research and try out different models, seeking advice from experienced guitarists and music store professionals. Remember, as musician Steve Vai once said, “The guitar is a miniature orchestra in itself.” So choose an acoustic electric guitar that resonates with your musical aspirations and brings out the best in your talent.
? What to Look for in a acoustic electric guitars?
1. Sound Quality: The Heart of an Acoustic Electric Guitar
When it comes to choosing an acoustic electric guitar, the most important factor to consider is the sound quality. After all, the primary purpose of any musical instrument is to produce beautiful music.
Acoustic electric guitars offer the best of both worlds, combining the warm, rich tones of an acoustic guitar with the versatility and amplification capabilities of an electric guitar. However, not all acoustic electric guitars are created equal in terms of sound quality.
One important aspect to consider is the type of wood used in the construction of the guitar. Different woods have different tonal characteristics, so it’s worth doing some research to find out which wood will produce the sound you desire. For example, rosewood is known for its warm and balanced tone, while mahogany offers a rich and full-bodied sound.
Another factor to consider is the pickup system used in the guitar. This is what allows the guitar to be amplified. Some guitars come with built-in pickups, while others require the installation of an external pickup. The quality of the pickup system will greatly impact the sound quality when the guitar is plugged in. Look for a pickup system that captures the natural acoustic sound of the guitar without any distortion or loss of tonal clarity.
Remember that sound quality is subjective, so it’s important to try out different guitars and listen to how they sound in person. Don’t be afraid to ask for advice from experienced guitarists or consult online reviews to help guide your decision.
2. Playability: Finding the Perfect Fit
In addition to sound quality, playability is another crucial factor to consider when choosing an acoustic electric guitar. Playability refers to how comfortable and easy the guitar is to play. After all, you want an instrument that feels like an extension of your body, allowing you to effortlessly express your musical ideas.
One aspect of playability to consider is the neck profile and width. Different guitars have different neck shapes and sizes, and finding one that suits your hand size and playing style is essential. Some people prefer a narrow neck for faster playing, while others find a wider neck more comfortable.
The action of the guitar is also an important consideration. Action refers to the height of the strings above the fretboard. A guitar with a high action can be more challenging to play, while a low action allows for easier and faster fretting. It’s a good idea to try out different guitars to find the right balance of action for your playing style.
Lastly, the overall weight and balance of the guitar should be taken into account. A heavy guitar can cause discomfort during long playing sessions, while an unbalanced guitar can be difficult to hold and play. Look for a guitar that feels comfortable and well-balanced in your hands.
Remember, every guitarist is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. Take the time to try out different guitars and find the one that feels right for you.
3. Durability: Investing in a Guitar That Lasts
Investing in an acoustic electric guitar is not just a financial commitment, but also an emotional one. You want a guitar that will stand the test of time and continue to bring you joy for years to come. Therefore, durability is an important factor to consider when making your purchase.
One aspect of durability to consider is the construction of the guitar. Look for a guitar that is made with high-quality materials and solid craftsmanship. Pay attention to the joinery and the overall build quality of the instrument. A well-made guitar will be more resistant to wear and tear and will maintain its structural integrity over time.
Another factor to consider is the finish of the guitar. A thick and durable finish will protect the wood from scratches and dings, ensuring that your guitar looks and sounds great for years to come. Additionally, a good finish can also enhance the resonance and tone of the guitar.
Lastly, consider the reputation and warranty of the guitar manufacturer. A reputable manufacturer will stand behind their product and offer a warranty to cover any potential defects or issues. This provides peace of mind and ensures that you are making a wise investment.
Remember, a well-cared-for guitar can last a lifetime, so it’s worth investing in a high-quality instrument that will withstand the test of time.
? How we picked?
1. Quality and craftsmanship
When it comes to acoustic electric guitars, quality and craftsmanship are of utmost importance. We understand that musicians value instruments that are built to last and produce exceptional sound. That’s why we have carefully handpicked guitars that are crafted with precision and attention to detail. Whether it’s the choice of tonewoods, the construction techniques, or the hardware used, we have considered every aspect to ensure that the guitars we recommend meet the highest standards.
For example, the Martin D-28E is renowned for its impeccable construction and top-notch materials. Its solid Sitka spruce top and East Indian rosewood back and sides not only contribute to its stunning appearance but also result in a rich and resonant tone. The craftsmanship of this guitar is evident in every detail, from its flawless finish to its comfortable neck profile.
2. Versatility and playability
We believe that an acoustic electric guitar should offer versatility and playability to cater to different musical styles and preferences. Whether you’re a fingerstyle player or a strummer, we have selected guitars that can adapt to your playing technique. The ability to easily switch between acoustic and electric sounds is also a crucial factor that we have taken into account.
The Taylor 214ce Deluxe exemplifies versatility and playability. Its Grand Auditorium body shape provides a balanced tone with excellent projection, making it suitable for a wide range of genres. This guitar also features Taylor’s innovative Expression System 2 electronics, allowing you to amplify your sound with clarity and precision. Its comfortable neck and smooth fretboard make it a joy to play, ensuring that you can effortlessly explore different playing styles.
3. Value for money
We understand that purchasing an acoustic electric guitar is an investment, and we want to ensure that you get the best value for your money. That’s why we have carefully selected guitars that offer exceptional quality and features at various price points. Whether you’re a beginner on a budget or a seasoned guitarist looking for a professional-grade instrument, we have options that cater to different needs and budgets.
For those seeking an affordable yet reliable option, the Yamaha FGX800C is an excellent choice. This guitar offers solid construction, a versatile pickup system, and a rich and vibrant sound, all at an affordable price. Its excellent build quality and impressive performance make it a great value for money option.
In conclusion, our selection process for acoustic electric guitars is driven by a commitment to quality, versatility, and value for money. We believe that by considering these factors, we can help you find the perfect instrument that meets your musical needs and brings your playing to new heights.
? Frequently asked questions about acoustic electric guitars
1. What is an acoustic-electric guitar?
An acoustic-electric guitar is a versatile instrument that combines the natural sound of an acoustic guitar with the amplified sound of an electric guitar. It has built-in pickups and a preamp system that allows you to plug it into an amplifier or sound system for louder performances. This makes it ideal for live performances or recording sessions where you need more volume and control over your sound.
2. What are the advantages of owning an acoustic-electric guitar?
Owning an acoustic-electric guitar offers several advantages. Firstly, it gives you the flexibility to play both acoustically and amplified, allowing you to adapt to different musical settings. Secondly, it enables you to experiment with different sound effects and tones through the preamp system, enhancing your creativity. Lastly, acoustic-electric guitars often have a cutaway design, providing easier access to higher frets, which is beneficial for soloing and improvisation.
3. How do I choose the right acoustic-electric guitar?
When choosing an acoustic-electric guitar, consider factors such as body shape, tonewoods, electronics, and budget. The body shape affects the sound projection and comfort, so try different shapes to find the one that suits you best. Tonewoods, such as spruce or mahogany, greatly influence the guitar’s tone, so listen to various options to determine your preference. Pay attention to the quality of the electronics and ensure they provide the sound and control you desire. Lastly, set a budget that aligns with your needs and skill level.
4. Are there any drawbacks to owning an acoustic-electric guitar?
While acoustic-electric guitars offer numerous advantages, they do have a few drawbacks. The built-in electronics may require occasional maintenance or battery replacement. Additionally, the added electronics can slightly affect the guitar’s natural acoustic sound. However, modern technology has greatly improved these aspects, and the convenience and versatility of an acoustic-electric guitar often outweigh these minor drawbacks.
5. Can I use an acoustic-electric guitar without plugging it in?
Yes, you can absolutely play an acoustic-electric guitar without plugging it in. It functions just like a regular acoustic guitar, allowing you to enjoy its natural, unplugged sound. Whether you’re sitting around a campfire or practicing at home, you can play your acoustic-electric guitar without any amplification. However, having the option to plug it in provides you with more versatility and the ability to perform in louder environments.
Remember, when choosing an acoustic-electric guitar, take your time to try different models, listen to their sound, and consider your playing style and preferences. An acoustic-electric guitar is an investment that can enhance your musical journey, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player.
Last update on 2024-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API