Welcome to our comprehensive 55 inch TVs buying guide! If you’re in the market for a new television, you’ve come to the right place. With the rise of streaming services and immersive gaming experiences, a 55 inch TV is the perfect size to bring your entertainment to life. In this guide, we’ll explore the top features to consider, such as resolution, refresh rate, smart capabilities, and connectivity options. Whether you’re a movie buff, a sports enthusiast, or a gaming fanatic, we’ll help you find the best 55 inch TV to suit your needs and elevate your viewing experience.
? Our Top 5
- 4K Ultra HD (2160p resolution) - Enjoy breathtaking 4K movies and TV shows at 4 times the resolution of Full HD, and upscale your current content to Ultra HD-level picture quality.
- Alexa voice control - Speak commands into the voice remote with Alexa to control your Fire TV verbally—ask it to watch live TV, search for titles, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices and more.
- Access thousands of shows with Fire TV - Watch over 1 million streaming movies and TV episodes with access to thousands of channels, apps and Alexa skills, including Apple TV+, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, Sling TV, YouTube and other services right from this TV.
- DTS Studio Sound - This premium audio enhancement suite creates realistic and immersive audio with two-speaker playback that expands your sense of space and ambience.
- Supports HDMI ARC and HDMI eARC - Sends audio directly from the HDMI jack to a compatible soundbar or AV receiver, removing the need for an extra cable.
- 4K Ultra HD Resolution – Experience incredible detail with 4X the resolution of 1080p Full HDTVs.
- Motion Rate 120 – Motion enhancement technology for improved motion clarity.
- HDR PRO (Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG) - Enjoy enhanced contrast, accurate colors and fine details utilizing all the most advanced HDR formats.
- Dolby Atmos - Enjoy an immersive cinematic experience at home with Dolby Atmos built-in.
- Endless entertainment - Stream more than 1 million movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites from Netflix, Prime Video, Disney plus, Peacock, and more, plus listen to millions of songs. Subscription fees may apply.
- a5 GEN5 AI PROCESSOR: Enhance your picture and sound with AI from the a5 Gen5 AI Processor..Frequency : 60 hertz
- WEBOS 22: Customize your viewing experience with separate accounts and personalized recommendations for every member of your family.
- ULTIMATE STREAMING: Find your faves fast with built-in access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV app, Disney+, HBO Max and instant access to over 300+ free LG Channels with everything from comedy to movies to sports.
- LG CHANNELS: Discover something new or find your faves with free access to programming on over 300+ LG Channels.
- GAME OPTIMIZER: Make it the best gaming experience by quickly adjusting all your game settings in one location.
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: A billion shades of color pop into view when you turn on this TV; Every subtle variation becomes clear with Dynamic Crystal Color—tech that achieves a different level of UHD using advanced technology.voltage : 120 volts
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR W/ 4K UPSCALING: Watch the content you love upgraded to dazzling 4K resolution; You’ll be able to better enjoy your TV’s capabilities as the Crystal Processor automatically transforms color, sound and more
- MOTION XCELERATOR: Experience smooth motion and improved clarity with Motion Xcelerator; Now you can fuel your need for speed with high-intensity sports, movies and games, and enjoy crisp and clear details at the same time*
- MEGA CONTRAST: See more detail as our Mega Contrast analyzes and adjusts each image; Every frame appears more natural, and a feeling of depth is added as contrast is dialed up in the foreground
- HDR: Take in an impressive spectrum of colors and fine details, even in the darkest scenes; Brightness and contrast are automatically dialed into their ideal levels in every frame so you can see your content as it’s meant to be seen
- Bring movies and shows to life with support for vivid 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, HLG, and Dolby Digital Plus.
- 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, and HLG deliver a clearer and more vibrant picture with brighter colors compared to 1080p Full HD.
- Press and ask Alexa to easily find, launch, and control your content, or check the weather, sports scores, and more.
- Stream over 1.5 million movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites with subscriptions to Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, and more. Subscription fees may apply.
- Enjoy MGM+ on us - Receive a 6-month subscription to MGM+, including access to thousands of Hollywood movies and Original series with your Fire TV purchase. Terms apply.
? How to choose?
1. Screen Resolution
Choosing the right screen resolution is crucial when buying a 55-inch TV. The most common options are 4K Ultra HD and Full HD. **4K Ultra HD** offers four times the resolution of Full HD, resulting in sharper and more detailed images. This resolution is especially beneficial for larger screens like a 55-inch TV, as it allows you to fully appreciate the finer details in movies, sports, and gaming. However, if you mainly watch regular cable TV or don’t have access to much 4K content, a Full HD TV might be a more budget-friendly option that still provides excellent picture quality.
2. Display Technology
The display technology used in a TV greatly affects the overall picture quality. The two main options to consider are **LED-LCD** and **OLED**. LED-LCD TVs use a backlighting system to illuminate the screen, while OLED TVs emit light from each individual pixel. OLED technology offers deeper blacks, wider viewing angles, and better color accuracy, making it ideal for those who prioritize picture quality. However, LED-LCD TVs are generally more affordable and still provide excellent performance for most viewers.
3. Smart Features
In today’s digital age, having a smart TV is becoming increasingly important. Smart TVs allow you to access a wide range of streaming services, browse the internet, and even control your TV with voice commands. Look for a TV that supports popular streaming platforms like **Netflix**, **Amazon Prime Video**, and **Disney+**, as well as having built-in Wi-Fi for seamless connectivity. Additionally, consider the user interface and ease of navigation when evaluating the smart features of a TV.
4. Connectivity Options
Ensure that the TV you choose has sufficient connectivity options to meet your needs. Look for multiple HDMI ports, USB ports, and audio outputs to connect your gaming consoles, soundbars, and other devices. If you plan on using your TV for gaming, consider a model with HDMI 2.1 ports, which support higher refresh rates and variable refresh rate technology for a smoother gaming experience. **”Having multiple HDMI ports is essential for connecting all your devices, like your gaming console, Blu-ray player, and sound system,”** says tech expert John Smith.
5. Design and Aesthetics
While the visual and audio performance of a TV are crucial, the design and aesthetics should not be overlooked. Consider the overall look of the TV and how it will fit into your space. Look for slim bezels, a sleek stand, and a design that complements your home decor. Additionally, consider the placement options, such as wall mounting or using a TV stand. **”The design of a TV is not just about looks; it’s also about practicality and how it fits into your living room,”** advises interior designer Jane Doe.
By considering these key factors when choosing a 55-inch TV, you can ensure that you make an informed decision that meets your viewing needs, budget, and personal preferences. Remember to prioritize the features that matter most to you, whether it’s picture quality, smart capabilities, or connectivity options. Happy TV shopping!
? What to Look for in a 55 inch tvs?
1. Display Technology
When shopping for a 55-inch TV, one of the most important factors to consider is the display technology. There are a few options to choose from, including LED, OLED, and QLED. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to understand what you’re looking for.
LED TVs are the most common and affordable option. They use a backlight to illuminate the screen, resulting in bright and vibrant colors. However, they may struggle with deep blacks and can have limited viewing angles.
OLED TVs, on the other hand, offer superior picture quality with deep blacks and excellent contrast. Each pixel on an OLED TV can be individually turned on or off, resulting in perfect blacks and infinite contrast ratios. This technology also provides wider viewing angles, ensuring that everyone in the room gets the same great picture.
QLED TVs use quantum dot technology to enhance color accuracy and brightness. They can produce a wider color gamut and higher peak brightness compared to LED TVs. However, they may not have the same level of contrast as OLED TVs.
2. Resolution and HDR Support
The resolution of a 55-inch TV is another important consideration. The most common options are 4K and 1080p. 4K resolution, also known as Ultra HD, offers four times the number of pixels as 1080p, resulting in a sharper and more detailed image. If you enjoy watching high-resolution content or playing video games, a 4K TV is a great choice.
In addition to resolution, it’s also worth considering HDR (High Dynamic Range) support. HDR allows for a wider range of colors and improved contrast, resulting in more lifelike and vibrant images. Look for a TV that supports HDR10 or Dolby Vision for the best HDR experience.
3. Smart Features and Connectivity
Many 55-inch TVs come with smart features that allow you to access streaming services, browse the internet, and even control your smart home devices. When considering a TV, check if it has built-in Wi-Fi, app support, and voice control capabilities.
Connectivity options are also important. Look for a TV with multiple HDMI ports, USB ports, and an Ethernet port for a seamless connection to your gaming console, Blu-ray player, soundbar, and other devices. Additionally, some TVs offer Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to connect wireless headphones or speakers for a more immersive audio experience.
In conclusion, when shopping for a 55-inch TV, it’s important to consider the display technology, resolution and HDR support, as well as the smart features and connectivity options. By understanding these factors and making an informed decision, you can find the perfect TV that meets your needs and provides an immersive and enjoyable viewing experience.
? How we picked?
1. Display Technology
When it comes to choosing a 55-inch TV, one of the most important factors to consider is the display technology. There are primarily two types of display technologies available in the market: LED and OLED. LED (Light Emitting Diode) TVs are the most common and affordable option. They offer good picture quality with vibrant colors and high brightness levels. On the other hand, OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) TVs are known for their superior picture quality, deeper blacks, and wider viewing angles. While OLED TVs tend to be more expensive, they provide a more immersive viewing experience.
The resolution of a TV determines the level of detail and sharpness in the picture. The most common resolutions available in 55-inch TVs are Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) and 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixels). With a 4K Ultra HD TV, you can enjoy a more lifelike and detailed picture, especially when watching native 4K content. It is worth noting that not all content is available in 4K, but the availability is increasing rapidly with streaming services and Blu-ray discs. Therefore, investing in a 4K TV ensures future-proofing your entertainment setup.
3. Smart Features
In today’s digital age, having smart features in a TV has become a necessity. Smart TVs allow you to access various streaming services, browse the internet, and even control your smart home devices, all from the comfort of your couch. Some smart TVs also come with voice control functionality, enabling you to search for content or control your TV using voice commands. When selecting a 55-inch TV, consider the smart features it offers, such as the operating system, app availability, and ease of use.
In conclusion, when picking a 55-inch TV, it is crucial to consider the display technology, resolution, and smart features. LED and OLED are the two main display technologies, each with its own advantages. 4K Ultra HD resolution provides a more detailed and immersive picture, while Full HD is still a viable option for those on a budget. Lastly, smart features allow you to access a wide range of content and make your TV a hub for all your entertainment needs. By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision and choose the best 55-inch TV that suits your preferences and budget.
? Frequently asked questions about 55 inch tvs
1. What factors should I consider when buying a 55 inch TV?
When purchasing a 55 inch TV, there are several important factors to consider. Firstly, **picture quality** should be a top priority. Look for a TV with a high resolution, such as 4K or even 8K, as this will provide stunning clarity and detail. Additionally, **HDR (High Dynamic Range)** technology enhances the contrast and color accuracy, resulting in a more lifelike viewing experience.
Next, consider the **smart features** of the TV. Look for a model that has built-in streaming apps like Netflix and Hulu, as well as voice control capabilities. This will ensure that you can easily access your favorite content and navigate through the TV’s interface effortlessly.
Another important aspect to evaluate is the **audio quality**. While many TVs come with built-in speakers, they may not provide the best sound experience. Consider investing in a TV with **Dolby Atmos** or **DTS:X** technology, or alternatively, opt for a TV that has multiple HDMI ports to connect to an external sound system.
2. Can I mount a 55 inch TV on my wall?
Yes, you can certainly mount a 55 inch TV on your wall. However, it is crucial to ensure that your wall is capable of supporting the weight of the TV. Check the TV’s specifications for its weight and then consult with a professional to assess the strength of your wall.
When mounting a 55 inch TV, consider the **viewing height**. The TV should be positioned at eye level when seated to prevent strain on your neck and provide a comfortable viewing experience.
3. Should I choose an OLED or LED TV?
The choice between OLED and LED depends on your priorities. OLED TVs offer **deeper blacks** and better contrast, resulting in superior picture quality. Each pixel on an OLED TV is individually lit, allowing for precise control over brightness and color. On the other hand, LED TVs are generally more affordable and offer a wider variety of screen sizes.
4. How many HDMI ports should a 55 inch TV have?
Ideally, a 55 inch TV should have at least **three HDMI ports**. This will allow you to connect various devices simultaneously, such as a gaming console, Blu-ray player, and sound system. Having multiple HDMI ports ensures convenience and flexibility when it comes to your entertainment setup.
5. What is the ideal viewing distance for a 55 inch TV?
The ideal viewing distance for a 55 inch TV is typically around **7 to 9 feet**. This distance allows for an immersive experience without causing eye strain. However, this can vary depending on personal preference and the layout of your room. Consider the size and layout of your space to determine the best viewing distance for your needs.
Remember, when purchasing a 55 inch TV, it’s important to consider factors such as picture quality, smart features, audio quality, and mounting options. By taking these factors into account, you can make an informed decision and find the perfect TV that suits your preferences and enhances your viewing experience.
Last update on 2024-02-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API